Vladimir Djordjevic
()
26/03/2006 21:26
Location of Ignition Sensor

Does anybody know where are locating Ignition sensor and RPM sensor on Audi V8 3.6l PT engine… Can you send me some picture, easier to locate?
I have some picture where RPM sensor and Ignition sensor are locate above O2 sensor, but I look on my care and I find only O2 sensor…My V8 is 1991...

Emil Niessen
()
27/03/2006 16:23
Re: Location of Ignition Sensor

Hello,

those sensors youre looking for can be found behind the excaust behind the heatshield, at the drivers side of the car.
you can find these by following the wiring wich can be found under the ignition

Francois Valery
()
27/03/2006 22:44
Attachment

I think it's what you want.
and you can see the "pression thing" for the cruise control

Vladimir Djordjevic
()
05/04/2006 16:55

Thank You...
In meantime I find error that bother me, but because I don't speak German I didn't find solution yet. It's some error Hakkgeber - G40 and Geber fur Motordrehzahl - G28 (some sensors I supose)

Francois Valery
()
05/04/2006 17:52

yes, both are sensors,
one for the Hall detector (g40) and the other is the rpm sensor (g28)

sorry can't give you further help , i do not have the audi parts number

Bernd Abeln
()
05/04/2006 19:48

Hi Vladimir,
have a look at this link .
It shows the way to change G28 and his brother ( i don't know his name ).
The number of this part is listed in this link. Both sensors are working the same way, only the colour is different.
Maybe it helps...

Edwin Andersson
()
18/05/2006 00:40
Attachment

Hello..
The sensors is located on the left side of the engine under the exauste.
If you go under the car you should se the sensors whitouth any problem. (I´ts more difficult to remove them :P)

Andreas O.
()
11/08/2006 18:02

Hi there!

As far al Hallgeber (correct german spelling) is concerned, that one is not located under the engine - it is integral part (no separate spare part available) of steerboard distributor. Once I had Hallgeber-failure, resulting in 4 litres/100 km excess fuel consuption with same time about 100 hp missing. It was in fact a problem with Hallgeber wire insulation, underneath the distributor, which was caused by animal biting. New piece of wire and ABH is back to performance.

So, have a look at wires leaving distributor, maybe going to/coming from the sensors you were shown by other members.

Andreas

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.053 seconds in which 0.052 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Zlib compression enabled.