P.
ZOOM
Reged: 13/06/2004
Loc: Norway
Re: V8 Issues!! [re: Ruedi Seiler]
      16/06/2004 12:58

4)
Hello!
I`ve had the same problem on my car. I found out that it was the signal leads to the left hand forward ABS sensor that had braked, due to fatigue. The rear final drive does not lock. (it is a torsion diff, max 80% lock not 100%) But the center diff has an automatic lock. The transmission system uses the ABS sensors to tell if a wheel is spinning faster than the others - thus it gives a signal to the center diff lo lock up!
The problem in youre case might be the same as for me. (have you allso heard the ABS motor just starting, and you are sure that the car isn`t slipping when you brake?)

HOW TO FIND OUT???
This might be a hard "grmlins to kill". The way I found out is that i connected a voltmeter to each ABS-control valve.Thus i could see witch control valve that were given a signal to release the brake pressure. (there is on control valve for each front wheel, and one for the rear wheels) In my case the control valve for the left forward wheel started to open. The gremlins was isolated and taken care of!!! I just soldered in fresh new wires, because i think a new sensor is to expensive.

Good luck tracking gremlins!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* V8 Issues!! Anonymous 27/05/2004 06:32
. * Re: V8 Issues!! Ruedi Seiler   27/05/2004 13:06
. * Re: V8 Issues!! Per-Stian Bye   16/06/2004 12:58
. * Re: V8 Issues!! Francois Valery   27/05/2004 12:40

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5266

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.033 seconds in which 0.03 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.