SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
Re: Investigation and an temporary solution - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum
Das neue Audi V8 Forum findest Du hier!
www.AudiV8.com/forum

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

Frank Olsen

Re: Investigation and an temporary solution [re: Bengt Salmose]
      09/10/2003 14:20

Hi Bengt,

I have owned a 1989 3.6 for about a year now.
I have several problems with the car and the one you describe here is exactly one of them. The car was at an audi dealers for about 3 months for some general overhaul, new shocks and springs, and some repair and regassing of the climate system. (the last one still doesn't work).

When I came to (finally) pick up the car some 4000 Euro's later(!), the car couldn't even start. They had to put on start cables to get it going. I drove it to a mates house nearby and took out the battery for a recharge,-albeit only over 5 or so hours. The car fired up nicely but when I came back to use the car some 3 days later, with family and all, the battery was completely drained, not even a sqeal. And above all, it had to be on a Sunday! But I was lucky, nearby there was a service station that fortunately sold batteries. Got it mounted and away we went.

But since then, I have not dared leave the car without taking off the negative lead from the battery, which you can imagine is a total pain in the butt since you have to lift the rear seat up all the time. I have however just had the old battery recharged again and stuck it in the trunk of the car. So yesterday I left the battery on just to see if it drains again. Because of course, the old battery could have collapsed so that it won't hold power anymore.(The green light in the battery actually doesn't light up after even 2 days of slow charging). But I have been suspicius about the windows before because sometimes they would work, then all of a sudden they didn't. There doesn't seem to be a problem with that anymore however.

But I will follow this thread from you with great interest so please post your further findings.

On a different note if you can help :

The climate control unit, the audi dealer claimed, doesn't send power out to the blowermotor and hence my climate system doesn't work. They don't fix broken climate control boxes so they suggested I replaced it (1300 Euro's, no thanx!)
Now I want to take the unit out and inspect it, but since the unit is "flushmounted" it looks awfully difficult to remowe. Is there a trick or two about that you could share with me?

And then there is this oscillating gearbox problem....
I read in this forum it very likely is oxygensensor (lambda probe). Where exactly is this located and what does it look like, so I could have a look for myself.

Oh, and last but not least, can you buy a dipstick for the gearbox ??? Never have I seen something so apparently ridiculous that you can't measure your gearbox oil.

Many thanks for all your advice

Frank

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Power window control unit Bengt Salmose 05/07/2003 22:34
. * Re: Power window control unit Sean K   28/06/2021 18:26
. * Re: Power window control unit Jeremy Ward   25/07/2003 21:00
. * Re: Power window control unit Anonymous   25/07/2003 22:45
. * Re: Power window control unit steve B   09/07/2003 20:47
. * Re: Power window control unit Bengt Salmose   09/07/2003 22:03
. * Re: Power window control unit Sebastian F   09/07/2003 22:43
. * Re: Power window control unit Anonymous   10/07/2003 12:50
. * Re: Power window control unit Bengt Salmose   29/09/2003 22:37
. * Investigation and an temporary solution Bengt Salmose   05/10/2003 21:19
. * Re: Investigation and an temporary solution gregory peere   06/03/2007 22:24
. * Re: Investigation and an temporary solution gregory peere   06/03/2007 20:36
. * No battery draining anymore ,Relay from yunkyard ! Bengt Salmose   31/05/2004 21:32
. * Re: Investigation and an temporary solution Anonymous   31/10/2003 16:20
. * Re: Investigation and an temporary solution Frank Olsen   09/10/2003 14:20
. * Re: Investigation and an temporary solution Alex from Sweden   10/12/2003 13:18

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 15746

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.032 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.