SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum
Das neue Audi V8 Forum findest Du hier!
www.v8forum.de

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

R.

Reged: 04/07/2011
Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt.
      05/07/2011 00:09

Hi guys, i'm new here, so let me quickly introduce myself. I'm Rico, 21 yrs old and owning an "93 v8 4.2 since february. Realy love it I actualy live like 2 km from the german border in the Netherlands, but I don't speak any German. I do understand german, so it's no problem typing german to me but i just can't myself. The car i own had no service history. I'm well known with cars so i'm fixing the car bit by bit. I've recently replaced the steering rack which suppose to be a real pain in the ass. But everything went better that expected. Now its time to replace the valve seals. The car has massive oil consumption i've probaly burned the catalytic converter already and when i'm pushing the pedal after a nice cruize it shoots bleu smoke out the back. Oil consumption is over 2l at 1000km. I'll not be taking the cylinder heads of but use compressed air to pressurise the cylinders to keep the valves shut. I'll weld something together to push the valve springs. It worked for me before so i'm trying it now again. But the timing belt gives me real issues. The belt was replaced not to long ago so i thought i would just loosen the nut on the camshaft and pull it off and place it back later. Then i remembered that audi uses that weird wax dampered tensioners on the belt. So i'm removing the belt cover. Drivers side was no problem. Took me 2 minutes but the passenger side gives me a hell of trouble. The bolt under the oil pump won't come off and i'm guessing i have to remove the front end (i really didn't want to do that) to drill out the bolt. Are there any more things that could cause me trouble? I've changed timing belt of different audi's before but never a v8 and so this is a complete mystery to me. Any tips with the valve seals are also appreciated.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Rico W. 05/07/2011 00:09
. * Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Eric Nap   05/07/2011 16:51
. * Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Bastian P.   05/07/2011 09:19
. * Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Florian W.   29/07/2011 13:57

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4444

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0.04 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.