SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum
Das neue Audi V8 Forum findest Du hier!
www.v8forum.de

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

B.
ZOOM
Reged: 22/12/2010
Loc: Bellevue, Nebraska, USA
Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car [re: Bobby Clark]
      28/12/2010 15:06

This is a quote from one of the links about wiring for the 5 speed swap: The only wiring you need to worry about on the actual tranny is wiring the backup light switch into the correct coastal connector. Its as simple as it sounds.

Andy, since your car is street driven you also need to plug in the Cruise switch for the clutch pedal, both electrical and Vacuum. The V8 already has the wiring for the clutch switch. You can use the Vacuum "T" from the 200 donor for the Vac side.

Transmission Mounts: The left trans mount is the same on an Audi 200 20v 016 and a Audi V8 Quattro 5 speed, but the right side mount is off by 1 inch, but an off set bracket can be welded onto the subframe to make it work. Use the Audi 200 5 speed hard and rubber transmission mounts, they are the same.

"Ya you need the v8 right mount. Now if you are willing to make a bracket or weld on 1" extension and mill it to fit you can use the factory 91 20020v right tranny mount. I opted to do a bracket till i find a v8 one or weld a 1" extension and have it milled. I bet i will do the welding and milling forbore i find a v8 mount. The throttle bracket has been relocated from the auto housing to the engine block itself. there just so happen to be a bolt waiting for me to use. now i had to make a hair adjustment to tps. Got the lower H-pipe bolted up with the o2 hooked up. I hit the ignition, and in seconds i had lost my hearing. Man what a perfect note for 1/4mile drags."

"
Oh, 5cyl rubber trans mounts must go through the bottom of the V8 subframe. I have to make a shim to close the air-gap on the driver side and need to make a ~1.5" long adapter to go on the passenger side yet and replace all the hardware (it went MIA from the 5kq).

The 016 center-diff lock vacuum actuator clears the procon-ten brackets, which at first we were not sure it would. "

Will also need to jumper power to the cruise module. As I recall the Auto cars Cruise receives power from the TCU when the speed is over 35 (?) mph. Only a few wires to the Cruise module so it should be pretty simple to trace in the diagrams which wire needs power....and use switched power!

"BTW. Just finished bolting a 5-speed into a V8.

The Shift linkage has plenty of adjustment. No cutting necessary. But if you mounted the shift cup too far forward then you are a bit SOL at this point. We checked and triple checked the shifting at each point in process.

There is over an inch of adjustment in both the sliderod and selector shaft, both are splined. Before putting the trans in I made sure all of the adjustments moved freely. Cleaned everything up and left everything finger tight.

In order to give a little more tunnel clearance for the shift linkage Adam liberally used a hammer but I also shortened the dog-bone connecting rod on top of the trans. This brings the selector shaft closer to the trans and away from the tunnel.

We also used the 5k subframe so the trans mounts end up REAL close. About an inch back as expected. Easy to make a small bracket on top of the trans mounts. "

"swaps I've heard/read about at least one of the shift rods was too long. In my case the push rod (the "stationary" rod that the ball socket/cup is part of) is adjusted fully in as far as I can tell or move it, and is smack against the 200's shifter "box". It has managed to center the socket in the center console. The selector shaft is also adjusted in but is still at least a 1/2" too long, although cutting 0.75-1.00" off of it is no big deal because it does have so much adjustment.
We cut a chunk out of the 016 bell housing to use the V8's sensors.... "

1991 Audi V8 Quattro 5 speed manual

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car D Styggenberg 25/08/2006 21:58
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car Bobby Clark   28/12/2010 14:53
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car Bobby Clark   28/12/2010 14:55
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car Bobby Clark   28/12/2010 15:06
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car Bobby Clark   28/12/2010 19:58
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car b homburg   26/08/2006 15:03
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car Lee Dobb   08/11/2009 21:34
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car Bobby Clark   28/12/2010 20:25
. * Re: Manuel 5-speed switch in to a automatic car Bobby Clark   28/12/2010 20:55
. * Re: bypass Tim A.   09/11/2009 09:36
. * 1992 4.2 V8 5 speed swap needs 3.6 parts to work Bobby Clark   28/12/2010 23:58

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 12922

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.039 seconds in which 0.037 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.