SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum
Das neue Audi V8 Forum findest Du hier!
www.v8forum.de

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

M.
ZOOM
Reged: 10/09/2010
Loc: Costa del Poole
1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK
      03/11/2010 21:29

1992 K reg. 4.2 model

I hate breaking cars, especially the rarer type, even if they have pretty limited value as a whole car. But! My Donor car is coming apart, and while I know there are probably not that many UK V8 owners watching here, maybe word will spread. I'm duplicating this on classic-audi and audiworld.

I am keeping-

Engine, going in mine
exhaust system (but NOT the x/balance pipes I think)
BBS 16x8
Some glass
Headlights
rad housing
Window motors and regs
rear brakes

I'm probably also going to keep these unless I get a good offer. (not that kind, thank you!)
ECU, engine loom, tranny ECU- ,
Supplementary transmission cooler and pipes
Black leather interior
Anything else I may have forgotten.

almost everything else is available while I still have the car. So if there are any interested persons, let me know what it is you want.
Please try to keep item requests to whole assemblies, rather than small internal bits. I'm not about to go hunting for obscure clip number 2001, on left side of the thingamy, or scuppering what might otherwise be a good to have item. The whole strut will be available, not the spring cup, etc, etc (as some siamese chap might say)
Make me an offer, and if I don't fall over in hysterics, I'll let you know if it's successful. I'm not looking to do this as a business, but it's also not a charity. P&P will be extra, personal collections welcome, personal services likely to get a slap prior to first base. (I'm not that kind of stripper- ask coxy)

The car was in a frontal smack at some stage, so a lot of the front assembly is FUBAR, and basically scrap aluminium. Although strangley the rad housing is not too bad The car was about an inch short from front to windscreen, and had been very nearly litterally nailed back together.
Luddites!

If you want body panels that require cutting out, I cannot do this, and I'm not sure if any of the local scrappers will be obliging, but I'll see what I can do.
Finally, Once I have had my wicked way with her, it's off to the knackers yard. Unless someone wants to buy the carcass for something or other, or put dibs on what I'm not keeping, as a whole unit. It would make an excellent base for a track car if V8 touring cars are your thing. But be warned, it's not going to be sitting about waiting for ages while great aunt nellie checks her back garden to see if she has a car trailer you can use. If you want it, come and get it!

and another one bites the dust, but this probably isn't capable of being saved.

85 WR quattro
90 V8 Silver, 91 V8 Black, 93 V8 Lago
93 100e quattro V6. Titan, i think

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK Mark Hanman 03/11/2010 21:29
. * Re: 1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK Mark Hanman   04/03/2011 20:57
. * Re: 1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK Mark Hanman   07/03/2011 15:34
. * Re: 1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK Mario M.   07/03/2011 16:56
. * Re: 1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK Mark Hanman   07/03/2011 21:43
. * Re: 1992 V8 4.2 breaking. Uk model, domiciled in UK Mario M.   08/03/2011 08:28

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4481

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.037 seconds in which 0.035 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.