www.v8forum.de

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

b.

Reged: 19/08/2002
Loc: Strasbourg, Frankreich
Re: Audi Concert [re: Christer]
      27/07/2008 14:16

The V8 CD changer can only be controlled by the original radio. The protocol is propietary and specific to that model. You`d need to switch changers to one that will work with the Concert (a wide range of Panasonic changers will work, in addition to th OEM Audi unit).

You are referring to the first generation 'Concert' right? AFAIK, the coding for BOSE or standard is done in software and can be changed on these. But don`t nail me on that, it might be inaccurate.

I would NOT use this Concert in the V8 anyway, as while the radio unit itself is in DIN format, the face plate is wider than the standard DIN format space that`s available in the V8. You`d have to cut around the opening and maybe even throw out the cigarette lighter (or cut the plastic faceplate on the radio itself) to make these radios fit. I`d rather not do that.

The latest original Audi radio that will fit the V8 plug `n play would be the "Delta" that was installed in the convertible until 2000

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Audi Concert Christer 23/07/2008 20:26
. * Re: Audi Concert b homburg   27/07/2008 14:16
. * Re: Audi Concert Christer   20/08/2008 17:08

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4733

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.