English >> Audi V8 Forum

T.
ZOOM
Reged: 05/08/2003
Loc: Schleswig Holstein
Rear self leveling suspension
      14/07/2007 15:29

Hi all,

now itīs definitely possible, to overhaul the rear self leveling shocks AND accumulator spheres at V8, 200 and 100 quattro models (may be, some more models are repairable)

In case of leaking shocks: All needet seals (without scraper) including the inner piston rod seals and the piston guide are available. So itīs possible to repair leaky shocks, if they are not too rusty.

Elder, deflatet accumulator spheres: I have found a solution, to equip the spheres with additional valves. So, they can be refiilled with nitrogen. Refilling is possible as long, as the remaining nitrogen pressure in the old spheres is not below (min!!!) 8-10 bar. If the remaining pressure is lower, itīs a little bit risky, because the diaphragma might be damaged. After fitting the additional valve, the spheres can be refilled at any time (but never exceed the low-pressure-line of 8 bar!)
In Germany, the accumulator spheres for our models are not more available at our dealers. Old spheres, taken from old oder wrecked cars, very often suffer from less nitrogen pressure , so that they are not really useful.

Until today some cars with overhauled self leveling shocks and spheres are running since a couple of month and they still feel like new ones! There are no problems with leaks or damping!

And last but not least: Now I am still looking for leaking self leveling regulator valves to dismantle and survey. Any idea? Has anybody got one to leave it to me for some experiments?

For further informations you can send a PN or email.

Beste Grüße
Tim

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Rear self leveling suspension Tim A. 14/07/2007 15:29

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3002

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.045 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.