SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

L.

Reged: 21/07/2006
Loc: Buenos Aires-Argentina
V8 help
      31/07/2006 16:07

Hello!!!

I hope somebody can help me fix the problems I have in my V8.
To start, I will describe all the symptoms and details; they might be related or not.

1) The car has 230,000 miles and pretty much all the records, last timing belt job was 20 K miles ago. Now, it needs some work on the front end (bushings and other parts) which I am planning to do as soon as I get them.

2) About three months ago (end of summer here in Buenos Aires), the “check engine” light came on and the most noticeable things were: a) the way it affected the transmission (it’s like there is no 1st or even 2nd gear and sometimes no 4th) and b): the “outside temperature was showing approximately 10 to 15°C higher than it was.

3) Other things to mention are: a) after driving a while (but not always), the “outside temperature” starts going back to normal and sometimes even the “check engine” light goes “off” & transmission would work fine, (transmission was brought back to almost new three years ago by Dr. Audi Mike Rooney in Los Angeles – good job).
b) several times, while “check engine” light is “on” I change from “D” to “N” and the light goes “off” to come back “on” as soon as I put it back on “D” (but not always)

. c) When I start the car in the morning (colder now) it works fine, unless I get stocked in heavy traffic and temperature gauge starts climbing close to 100°C then, most probably the “check engine” light would go “on”. But when I start the car after an hour or so being parked, the “check engine” light would go “on” almost immediately.
d) Lately when I start the car, sometimes the beep does not sound and the seat belt indicator goes on even if the belt is engaged.

e) Right before all this “confusion” started to happen, there were several things happening: e1) the “outside temperature indicator” would flash for a minute almost every time I would start the car (not happening lately). e2) the “ABS light started to come on by itself, put a brand new switch and problem persists. e3) I have to start the car several times, unless I give extra gas. e4) Cruise Control stopped working.
e5) The gear indicator lights on the dash for 3rd and 2nd, don’t go “on” when I start the car, but they do after driving a while.

I don’t know if all this things are connected or not, perhaps more than one thing is failing at the same time.

All suggestions appreciated
My thanks in advance for taking the time

Leo

Leo
1990 V8 3.6L Lago Blue
Almost 240.000 Miles

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* V8 help Leo J M 31/07/2006 16:07
. * Re: V8 help b homburg   31/07/2006 17:20
. * Re: V8 help Leo J M   06/08/2006 18:55
. * Re: V8 help Jeremy Ward   08/08/2006 05:45
. * Re: V8 help Leo J M   16/08/2006 17:24

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5041

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.039 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.