SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Talk

C.

Reged: 25/01/2007
Loc: Poland, Poznań
Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 [re: Manfred M.]
      31/05/2007 21:19

I can't polish the glass myself. I had given my glasses to a guy, who have done it for me (i know him very good)...
If you want to have these glasses polished, you should send me your glasses. It takes about 2 days, to do that, and it costs about 150E (for a pair). Than i can send It back to You. It would be easier if I buy glasses here, but they are very expensive (about 120E for one side - used of course)

About lenses. I have inserted them myself. I took the lenses from the broken headlamps of MB. I had to drill a lot of the mirror which is now only for optics. The lenses are fitted with some kind of plastic material (like glue POXILIN). It has a very good adhesion and it is very very strong, and hard. (i have a lowered suspension, and there was no problem with it on the holes).
All the preferences are still working. You can move the lenses as a normal reflector (cause the lenses are fitted into it), so no problems with setting the lights correctly. I also have the manual setting from interior (as in original with the vaccum), so you can move the lights up, and down any time you want (no differences with the original ones).
The only problem is that there is no automatic (but manual) leveling which is required for original xenon lights...

It was not an easy modification. It took me 2 days to do that correctly, and to set the light stream, not to cause blindness to other drivers

Ps. There would be a nice effect if the reflector with fitted lenses was painted black (shadow line), but i like it as it is...

Ps2. I have adapted the bixenon lenses to my father's '95 A8 too, so if somebody is interested i can give some photos...

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Clear headlight glass in V8 Chris Cz. 31/05/2007 16:35
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Manfred M.   31/05/2007 20:42
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Chris Cz.   31/05/2007 21:19
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 b homburg   31/05/2007 19:42
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Chris Cz.   31/05/2007 20:47
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Chris Cz.   31/05/2007 17:23
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Francois Valery   01/06/2007 20:26
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Chris Cz.   02/06/2007 11:48
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Francois Valery   02/06/2007 18:39
. * Re: Clear headlight glass in V8 Chris Cz.   02/06/2007 19:20

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 11836

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.