SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Talk

b.

Reged: 19/08/2002
Loc: Strasbourg, Frankreich
Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy [re: kanterezza france]
      31/07/2006 18:27

This site has a very comprehensive buyers guide here. Unfortunately, it is in German ONLY. I have run the text through a translation program and tried to smooth out the most obvious errors with my limited french. If you want this in french, send me an e-Mail (I will NOT post the here as it`s really not good)

There`s other V8 owners in France/french-speaking people registered in this forum: him, him and him come to mind. Maybe contact them directly if you have questions answerable only in french....

Some points pertaining to owning a V8 in France:
  • The V8, especially the 4.2, has outrageous insurance costs in France - my 6-speed is rated at 23 (!) CV, the 3.6 has 18 CV. That will make finding insurance hard, more so if you happen to be young....
  • The car is extremely rare in this country (prix neuf: 600.000F). That has some disadvantages when it comes to servicing it. Audi "garages" in France generally have no fu****g clue about this car (excuse the language, but I`ve had my share of experiences). Fortunately, I can have my cars serviced in Germany.... Finding an independent garage with experience in your area is a must if you can`t work on the car yourself.
  • These cars are easily stolen - get an immobilzer and top alarm system! This adivce also comes from personal experience - one theft and three break-in attempts within 18 months of living in France with the V8; they know me by name at Carglass now.... :mad
  • The "procedure d`importation" at the service des mines is a major PITA. I would strongly advise you to buy a car in Germany that has been left mostly original (brakes, wheels) and has NOT been converted to run on LPG (you`d have to yank the installation) or there will be problems.

If you have any questions regarding importing a V8 into France, just ask. I have done this twice before (no, mine is not for sale...)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy kanterezza france 30/07/2006 17:27
. * Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy Roman Schloemmer   31/07/2006 09:00
. * Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy kanterezza france   31/07/2006 10:24
. * Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy b homburg   31/07/2006 18:27
. * Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy kanterezza france   31/07/2006 22:05
. * Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy Francois Valery   31/07/2006 19:10
. * Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy kanterezza france   31/07/2006 22:11
. * Re: Help please: search V8 4.2 for buy Roman Schloemmer   31/07/2006 11:25

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 8721

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.