SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
Re: Won't start when engine warmed up - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum
Das neue Audi V8 Forum findest Du hier!
www.v8forum.de

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

Mark

Re: Won't start when engine warmed up [re: Jeremy Ward]
      14/10/2004 01:05

Jeremy,
Thank you so very much for your help with my starting problem. I was not sure which sensor Ruedi was talking about with his referencing it as the "OT sensor". Is that the same as the crank position sensor that you mentioned in that you agreed with Ruedi? I will definitely try the cold water trick against the engine block, it seems to definitely be temperature related. I do not understand what the timing reference sensor has to do with temperature? Also, why when I start the car using the ether starting fluid, does the car start and stay running just fine, I do not see the relationship, can you explain the connection? I would not expect the engine to start and run just fine with the starting fluid trick, but I have done it time and time again. It seems like it is getting a signal not to start when the engine is warm. Is there a temperature reference in addition to the crank position reference sensor?
Thanks again for all your help and insight. I will let you know what solves my problem.
Yours truly,
Mark, Salt Lake City area

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Won't start when engine warmed up Mark 12/10/2004 00:55
. * Re: Won't start when engine warmed up Anonymous   14/10/2004 04:33
. * Re: Won't start when engine warmed up Anonymous   20/10/2004 22:41
. * Re: Won't start when engine warmed up Jeremy Ward   13/10/2004 06:23
. * Re: Won't start when engine warmed up Mark   14/10/2004 01:05
. * Re: Won't start when engine warmed up Ruedi Seiler   12/10/2004 07:14

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 10387

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.037 seconds in which 0.035 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.