SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. - www.AudiV8.com - Audi V8 Forum / Audi A8 Forum
Das neue Audi V8 Forum findest Du hier!
www.v8forum.de

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

E.
ZOOM
Reged: 19/07/2006
Loc: Porto/Portugal
Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. [re: Rico W.]
      05/07/2011 16:51

Hello Rico,

Like Bastian already suggested, indicate more precise (city/village) where you live, so that members who live close by (over the border) can contact you.

Oil consumption is not unusual for a 4.2, although the later ones ('93/'94) should be better in this respect. How many km's did yours do?
2 liter /1000km is not extreme, how did you measure? I ask, since some overhere are of the opinion, that the difference between min and max on the dip-stick is less than 2 litres.

I am not a mechanic myself, but I understood, that the timing belt change on the V8 is not a straigtforward job. You are advised to use the special tools, instead of marking the respective engine parts with paint.
In the meantime you can find a lot of material on the "Zahnriemen" (ZR) through the searchfunction, since you read German.

Veel plezier,
Eric

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Rico W. 05/07/2011 00:09
. * Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Eric Nap   05/07/2011 16:51
. * Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Bastian P.   05/07/2011 09:19
. * Re: Valve seals replacement, help with timing belt. Florian W.   29/07/2011 13:57

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4531

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.603 seconds in which 0.601 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.