www.v8forum.de

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

b.

Reged: 19/08/2002
Loc: Strasbourg, Frankreich
Re: V8 help [re: Leo J M]
      31/07/2006 17:20

sounds like you have a problem with your electronics. Engine and transmission are electronically controlled and depend on a variety of input sensors to work correctly.
Check your battery, the alternator incl. voltage regulator and the wiriing around the alternator. I`ve had some of the symptoms you described when my voltage regulator needed to be replaced (lights coming on, strange behaviour of instruments...)

Have you tried to pull the fault codes from the ECU? That`s should be the first step in diagnosing anything amiss with your cars brains - the computer usually has some idea what`s not working and will tell you via the fault codes stored in its memory. Do this first before changing any expensive parts....
Any Audi affiliate should be able to perform this. If you have no Audi dealer near where you live, you may do this yourself using VAG-COM software and an interface adapter wich can be purchased at www.ross-tech.com or off eBay....
Read more of this on the (great!) SJM site: http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/ecufv8.html

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* V8 help Leo J M 31/07/2006 16:07
. * Re: V8 help b homburg   31/07/2006 17:20
. * Re: V8 help Leo J M   06/08/2006 18:55
. * Re: V8 help Jeremy Ward   08/08/2006 05:45
. * Re: V8 help Leo J M   16/08/2006 17:24

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 5105

Rate this thread
Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.039 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.