SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Talk

Pages: 1
Jakob N.Spiller

Reged: 13/06/2007
Loc: Vicenza (Italia)
Audi Sport Club Italia
      18/06/2007 18:53

Hello,I'm Italian and I don't write English very well,I'll steal some minute to you to signal the birth of a new Italian Club of Audi lovers.
Its name is Audi Sport Club Italia and it's made up of 40 people even if it's birth only 2 mounths ago.
Our registered members are very entusiastic of Audi and they are keen on organizing meeting to promote our club and Audi brand too!
You can personally check our website and our forum:
www.audisportclub.com
http://audisportclub.com/forum/index.php
Thank you,bye.

Jakob Nicolō Spiller
Vice-Presidente Audi Sport Club Italia

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jakob N.Spiller

Re: Audi Sport Club Italia new [re: Jakob N.Spiller]
      01/07/2007 21:36

We have opened 2 new sections in english and in deutch to talk with our friends around Europe.
These are the links:
http://audisportclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

http://audisportclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

I hope you'll visit our forum.
Thanks.

Rubin T
ZOOM
Reged: 13/11/2006
Loc: Australia,Gold Coast
      06/07/2007 19:05

Looks like a great website man will join up

Jakob N.Spiller

Re: Audi Sport Club Italia new [re: Rubin T]
      07/07/2007 02:05

Thank you very much for your registration,I hope that lots of other Audi V8 owner will register too because in our forum lots of our ossociates admire your car.
This sort of car is very famous and respected in our Club because it's the only one with 2 torsen and I like so much this characteristic that I'm thinking of buying one after the summer,in October,so all your councils will be very precious!!!

b homburg

Reged: 19/08/2002
Loc: Strasbourg, Frankreich
      10/07/2007 13:15

hmmm. no. Rubenīs car is an automatic. Automatics only employ ONE torsen - as rear differential. The center diff is realized as electronically controlled planetary gear with an automatic locking multiplate clutch.

Only the manual transmission versions (both 5- and 6-speed) of the V8 have a torsen in the center as well. So you'd need to find one of these - good luck! They're indeed fun to drive!

Jakob N.Spiller

Re: Audi Sport Club Italia new [re: b homburg]
      10/07/2007 13:56

Thank you for your informations,I didn't know that only manual Audi V8 had 2 torsen.
Is it difficult to find one in europe?
Is it expensive?
Thank you

b homburg

10/07/2007 15:14

a few numbers:
about 95% of all V8s sold were automatic models, so the manuals are quite rare.
Then, they were (and are) more prone to abuse by owners who prefer a "sporty" driving style, so finding one in good or very good condition is even more difficult than with the automatics. Manual transmission models tend to consume more oil than automatics, too.
And lots of those cars end(ed) up being parted out, with driveline and chassis parts serving the power-hungry Audi 100/200 tuner world, further reducing supply.

In general, manuals are more sought after and therefore more expensive than their AT counterparts. But thatīs only relatively speaking - prepare to spend something between 3500 and 5000 Euros for a good condition one with average (around 250.000) km on it in Germany and Switzerland - the only markets where they were sold in noteworthy numbers. Prices above 5000 Euros, although being advertised, are almost never paid in real transactions according to my observations.
Check www.autoscout24.com and www.mobile.de for a market overview - or look at the marketplace right here on this site.

Jakob N.Spiller

10/07/2007 17:01

You give me a lot of very bad news...I hope to find one with 2000 or 2500 euros,because looking around europe with autoscout there were a lot with this price but unfortunately I didn't know that there wasn't the 2nd torsen on automatic v8.
Another question,You said that automatical v8 has only one rear torsen,but can I substitude the central one?
For example a my friend put a rear v8 torsen in his rs2 and he doesn't have any problem,I can make the same thing with central torsen on a V8?

b homburg

10/07/2007 18:01

The center differential is integrated into the (ZF automatic) transmission - its locking function is electronically controlled by the transmission ECU. What you have in mind is just not possible.

and keep one thing in mind: As a general rule, and one that is especially valid with the V8: The better (read:more expensive) car is the better buy. Buying one with "issues" that "needs work" for only a little less than a well-maintained one and fixing it yourself does almost never work out financially. The more so if you have no experience with working on V8s. 1000 Euros are gone VERY fast when it comes to V8 repairs/maintenance - the parts prices are even more outrageous than for other Audis.
Example: The front brakes (pads & rotors) cost 650 Euros @ the Audi dealer - for the parts alone!

Rubin T
ZOOM
      10/07/2007 18:56

No problem man Glad you like my Audi V8 it's special too me and i look after it very well

Rubin T
ZOOM
      10/07/2007 19:01

b homburg,

Do you know why Audi did this option not to have 2 torsen on the Automatic V8's? Is this with right hand drive versions aswell?

Jakob N.Spiller

11/07/2007 01:33

Unfortunately I know that Audi repairs are very expensive because I already have an Audi.
Could you tell me some councils to buy a quite good car?
After your "bad news" I hope to find a manual one because I must have 2 torsen on it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 13972

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.