SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Talk

Pages: 1
Dan W

Reged: 02/12/2001
E Code lights
      02/12/2001 13:52

As you may or may not know, in the US we don't use the same headlights that you have in Europe. Our lights are not as good. Does anyone in europe have access to lenses or full assemblys of the euro lights? I would like to upgrade my V8 to HID lights but want to have a proper beam pattern before I do so.

Great site, I really enjoy the layout. Thanks for including your english speaking friends!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dan W

Reged: 02/12/2001
Re: E Code lights new [re: Marko Nethke]
      02/12/2001 22:51

Yes, they are the same as the German Xenon's. I have been looking at a phillips conversion, but would like to have the European lenses on my lights.

Perttu H

Reged: 03/12/2001
Re: E Code lights new [re: Marko Nethke]
      09/12/2001 23:52

Hello,

Xenon lights for V8? Never heard of this before ( as so many other things). What is the budget for such a project?

Perttu

oregonV8

Reged: 03/03/2002
Re: E Code lights new [re: Dan W]
      03/03/2002 08:10

In response to your desire to upgrade you headlights, I would agree with you that the lens used on these years of V8 cars in USA is inferior to the European models, as is true of many european cars brought into USA before recently, and would agree with your desire to upgrade the lenses before the bulb, especially since I think the replacement lights are the 1 bulb system with a built in fog lamp instead of the two lamp system you currently have. the light upgrade is available here in the US from a couple of places but it will run you around US$1200+ for the pair. the nice thing is that your car will look much like many of these found in the gallery on this website and the marker light is built in to the lamp system. let me know and i put you in touch with someone who you could purchase the lights from.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 9331

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.