SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

Pages: 1
keijo ranta

Reged: 14/07/2004
Tiptronic
      28/10/2004 16:06

Hello

Does someone possible know what might be the reason, that automatic gearbox of my Audi does not work well when motor ( or gearbox oil ) is cold. Every morning all lights of gears are switch on same time in display ( D, N, P, R, 1, 2, 3) and my car runs only with third gear. It does not change the gears at all.

Once the motor is warm and I once turn off the power and restart the motor then gears are working well.

In garage they said, that it might be due to magnetic valve, but somehow it is strange that this fault is away when motor is warm. If I do not stop and start my engine the car will run only with third gear. It will not automatically start to work when motor is coming warm.
Could this fault happen if the oil level in gearbox is low?

Does someone possible recognize this type of fault? I would be thankful from help.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Andreas O.
ZOOM
Reged: 30/04/2004
Re: Tiptronic new [re: keijo ranta]
      28/10/2004 16:24

Hi Keijo!

As not being an expert and myself driving only manual shifts I can not help here, but I am sure you will receive more useful mail soon. But still: I ran into a V8 at lentoparkki carpark in August - was that yours?

Andreas (Hamburg/Tampere/Sysmä)

Es war schon immer etwas teurer, einen besonderen Geschmack zu haben...

Jarmo V

28/10/2004 17:13

Hi, Keijo!

I`ve found SJM`s troubleshooting tips useful, you can find them from http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/ecufv8.html#fctauto
There is also transmission TCU`s diagnostic. Enyway, my V8 has problem with the indicator lights too when I bought it. Reason was the forgotten test fuse on top of the fuel pump relay. This is, however, not your problem, because your car "fix itself" when warming up. When all indicator lights are lit in same time, there is some fault code (codes) in action and transmission goes to the "limp home mode." Because ECU and TCU communicates together, it`s possible that some of the engine sensors gives false signal to TCU.
Have you change transmission fluids recently, just for case that very poor fluids can cause odd behavior...
Well, hope this will help to moving on

Regards, Jarmo V (jamo970@hotmail.com, in case you want use finnish language)

Dmitry B
ZOOM
Reged: 17/03/2003
Loc: Moscow, Russia
      28/10/2004 21:56

Greetings.
I had this problem. On mine V8 multifunctional switch F125 was faulty
Good luck, Dmitry

Anonymous

Re: Tiptronic new [re: Andreas O.]
      29/10/2004 15:24

Hello

Not me. I have my car in Switzerland. Planning to bring it to Finland some day if it works as I hopet. Now already 225000 km behind. 5000 of them I have driven.

Regards,

Keijo

Andreas O.
ZOOM
Reged: 30/04/2004
Re: Tiptronic new [re: Anonymous]
      29/10/2004 15:41

Oh, I see. So there is somebody else around. Mine is a little younger, some 165.000 kms and for every days purpose I have an old and unfashionable Volvo 240 station at the airport, but once or twice a year I travel north with my V8 which I otherwise keep in Hamburg.
But, you know, just in case it would be good to know someone in southern Finland who knows.... will be hard to find, because as far as I heard/saw there can be no more than 10 to 12 of them around and this does not really provide for a lot of experience.
All the best with yours, and maybe we can some lovely day make it to meet on the shore of Päijänne or in an other nice place.

Andreas

Es war schon immer etwas teurer, einen besonderen Geschmack zu haben...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4757

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.032 seconds in which 0.028 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.