SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators
English >> Audi V8 Forum

Pages: 1
Alain Petit

Reged: 09/06/2007
ABH versus AEC
      28/10/2007 07:09

Firstly, greatings from a new member.

I own a 100 S4 with a V8 engine ABH. Unfortunately, the engine is damaged, burning a lot of oil. Redoing the engine will be probably costly and I'm actually looking replacing it. I eventually found an AEC V8 (for A6, year 96) and I was wondering what would be the differences between an AEC and ABH. In fewer words, would it fit directly ?

Thanks for your advices.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sebastian Sarre

Reged: 12/12/2007
Loc: Poland, Upper Silesia
Re: ABH versus AEC new [re: Alain Petit]
      12/12/2007 10:30

Hello. Mechanically both engines seems absolutely identical. Differeces are between electronics - ECU on ABH is not identical, as in AEC, and it's possible to get some troubles due to fact, that - for example - AEC has no line for "check engine" lamp on instrument panel, but - different, than ABH - it's ECU communicates itself with auto gearbox (in triangle with instrument cluster).

So my advice is to unscrew Your wounded ABH, but leave complete engine wiring under bonnet, and original ABH ECU under panel (maybe better, because pulling it through front wall drives mechanic crazy and develops bald spots, when You're checking, how many time it takes!). Putting a new-old AEC and connecting it to Your stock wiring will give You result of having normal ABH.
Not 100% sure, but may be a little difference in comparsion with "original" ABH - AEC may have a little hotter cams, but I doubt it will cause any - even small - troubles.

Good luck
Sebastian

Custom, rally and offroad car builder, vintage car restorer.
tel. +48 663 082 622 (Pl, En, Rus)

Eric Nap
ZOOM
Reged: 19/07/2006
Loc: Porto/Portugal
Re: ABH versus AEC new [re: Sebastian Sarre]
      13/12/2007 10:59

Hello,
I will definitely not be able to help you, but from what I have read in the german section of this forum, Frank Konnopasch is just the kind of authority to be able to do so.
Only, I do not know his english abilities. Let us see if there come any other reactions, otherwise, if you want, I can translate your question and put it in the german section.
This is the only way I may be of any help.
By the way Alain, from where are you ?
Regards, Eric

Eric Nap
ZOOM
Reged: 19/07/2006
Loc: Porto/Portugal
Re: ABH versus AEC new [re: Eric Nap]
      19/12/2007 13:33

Alain,
Are you really interested in me putting your question in the German section? Are you from France? Or Switzerland? Or what?
regards, Eric

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 7500

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.03 seconds in which 0.029 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.