Bastian P.
()
08/10/2006 21:41
Re: A drowning V8 with a G40 error (motronic problem)

Hi,

hmm, maybe two different errors have occured: At first the fuel-injection problem with overfilling your cylinders (not my business, no experiences).

And: Your "Drosselklappenpontiometer" is broken. Why: At my first V8 in 2002 I've cleaned the engine block with high pressure. After that I had strange problems when I raised the throttle. The engine didn't shutdown, but hardly did, and whenever I slowly accelerated everything was fine. When trying to accelerate fast, the engine hardly was able to hold idle speed and it was like pressing the brake instead of getting forward (like a wild horse . Perhaps you check the connector of the "Drosselklappenpotentiometer" beyond the idle speed valve in front of the engine or check the "Drosselklappenpotentiometer" itself (sorry, don't know the English expression). This error wasn't found in my fault-memory at readout!

At all I'd say that not every error is saved in the memory. I had the strange problem that a Hall-sensor was broken but not written to memory - not funny to find that error. Don't only rely on the self-diagnostic-abilities of the Motronic!

Greets

Bastian

Contact Webmaster AudiV8.com

UBB.threads™ 6.1

Generated in 0.001 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Zlib compression enabled.